Visio 2010 is on its way, currently the Beta is out there and you guys can download and enjoy it even with Office 2007 installed on the same PC. I got the chance to explore it a bit, the essence of this release is in the following:
1) More than 60 different diagram types are available including Org chart, Calendar, Network and Database diagrams etc.
2) You diagrams can be connected to multiple Data Sources and you can project your scenarios pretty easily with Data Driven diagrams.
3) Process Management has been improved as you add or delete shapes, Visio 2010 makes intelligent, automatic layout adjustments to surrounding shapes and their connectors.
4) Visio Services is a new feature of SharePoint 2010 that extends the reach of diagrams considerably. Visio Services lets you View diagrams in the browser without needing Visio on your machine and Integrates them within your SharePoint applications.
5) Simplifies large and complex diagrams using Sub-processes and Containers to group related shapes visually and logically.
6) Visio 2010 has strong integration scenarios with Office 2010 Products including Word, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. You can connect your diagrams to the data residing in these tools or you can share your diagrams within the interface of these tools.
7) Diagrams fall into the following categories / types:- (various diagram types supported in Visio 2010)
d) Maps & Floors
e) Process Flows
h) Software & Database
8 ) Visio 2010 has the following SKUs (Versions / Editions)
a) Professional – targeting Information Workers, Business & Technical Decision Makers,
b) Premium – targeting Developers, IT Professionals, Process Professionals
Try Now and Download:- http://visiotoolbox.com/2010/